In keeping with the Drexel University legacy of accessible education for working adults, Goodwin
College offers a number of unique degree-completion opportunities on Saturdays.
If you have completed 24 or more transferable undergraduate credits and are motivated to acquire a
bachelor’s degree but have daytime commitments such as a job or family, the Saturday Scholars® program may
be your answer.
Saturday Scholars® offers:
- Challenging coursework in a supportive, adult-oriented setting
- High-quality practical and industry-oriented education
- The convenience to balance your education with the many responsibilities of work and family
- Flexibility and affordability
National studies indicate that individuals with undergraduate degrees earn a starting salary 20 percent higher
than those who hold an associate’s degree. A bachelor’s degree also improves your chances of staying employed,
reports the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The following degree-completion programs are offered through Saturday Scholars®:
- Bachelor of Science in Communications and Applied Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computing and Security Technology
- Bachelor in Science in General Studies (with Minor in business)
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Property Management
Certificate programs in select professional areas are also offered as part of the Saturday Scholars®
program. The certificates and certifications noted below carry undergraduate or graduate credit.
Please note that a bachelor’s degree is required to enroll in any program bearing graduate credit.
Certificates with Undergraduate Credit
- Commercial Property Management
- Computing Security Technology
- Creativity and Innovation
- Emergency Management
- Fundamentals of Property Management
- Residential Property Management
Complete your degree or earn a certificate on Saturdays at Drexel University. Join the ranks of those
who recognize the value of an excellent education and what it can do for a career-minded individual.
Saturday Scholars® and Part-Time Evening Admissions Procedure
For Prospective Students:
- Submit your application for admission. Saturday Scholars® and part-time evening students should use the application for part-time undergraduate admission. The application fee of $75 is waived for students who apply online. The paper application is also available for download.
- Submit all official transcripts. The Saturday Scholars® program is designed for transfer students with a minimum of 24 credits. Official transcripts must be sent directly from all your schools or colleges attended to Drexel. Transfer applicants for the part-time evening program with fewer than 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours of academic work must submit GED scores or official high school transcripts, and standardized test scores (SAT/ACT).
Transcript Request Form
- Apply for financial aid. We understand that the cost of a university education is a major expense for many students, so we encourage you to think of your education as a long-term investment that requires careful financial planning each year. To help you through the financing process, we've created this step-by-step guide.
Note: Students who enroll as a non-matriculated student are not eligible to receive federal financial aid.
For Accepted Students:
- Be sure to read the Transfer and Part-Time Accepted Student Checklist [PDF], which was enclosed in your acceptance packet. Your checklist is a helpful guide to important impending deadlines.
- Submit the enrollment form along with the $100 fee. Upon submission, you will be eligible to register for classes.
- Download the Transfer and Part-Time Enrollment Form [PDF]
Electronic Enrollment Form
- Contact your academic advisor to find out about registering for classes and review your transfer of credit application. In order to receive transfer credit for courses completed at another university, the courses must be substantially equivalent to courses offered in the desired curriculum at Drexel and you must have completed the courses with a grade of C (C=2.0) or better. Please allow two weeks for the completion of your credit evaluation.
- After you have applied for financial aid, check the status of your FAFSA. Review your award letter from Drexel when you receive it in the mail.
- Drexel University offers students a number of payment options, including online payments, monthly installment plans and employer reimbursement deferred tuition plans. You can review your different options at drexel.edu/drexelcentral/billing.
Read the FAQ
For more information: 215-895-2159
Goodwin College of Professional Studies
One Drexel Plaza
3001 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104