Leading-edge Network: Project Management
Many people define “project management” differently based on their profession or how it
is utilized in their company environment. Everyone agrees it involves knowledge and the
ability to make things happen.
The online offerings in the Project Management Leading-Edge Network (LEN) uses the Project
Management Institute’s (PMI®) definition, which states that project management is “the application of
knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements.”
Specifically these are the tools, techniques, and processes postulated by PMI®. The knowledge and skills
generally come from the project manager, who has experience with managing projects. The culmination of
these two areas forms the basis for effective project management.
The LEN’s online offerings give a thorough overview of the components of the PMI®’s Body of Knowledge
(PMBOK®) as well as serving as a refresher or preparation for the PMP® examination.
Drexel also offers courses in Project Management Test Preparation and Lean Six Sigma.
NEW FALL 2013
- Fundamentals of Project Management and PMP Exam Preparation
Hybrid format, 18 hours of on campus training with 17 hours of online instruction.
The following project management courses are offered in an online format:
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Processes and Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Introduction to Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- PMP® Practice Exams & Exam Strategies
- PMP® Exam Prep Course
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile Certified Practitioner Exam Prep
- Project Risk Management: PMI®–RMP Exam Prep
- Project Management Team Leadership
- Project Management for Information Technology
- Allerton Connector Highway Project Management Simulation
- HealthMax Software Project Management Simulation
Visit the Business Processes Catalog for information and to register.
VIEW OUR ENTIRE CATALOG to see all Continuing Professional Education Courses or Call 215-895-2154.