Bachelor of Science in Communications and Applied Technology
Leaders in today’s dynamic business environment need more than just a background in business principles. To achieve corporate goals, you need a clear knowledge of business communications and relevant communication technologies.
Drexel’s Bachelor of Science in Communications and Applied Technology is a degree-completion program that offers a multidisciplinary approach combining theoretical and applied learning principles, and encompasses the spectrum of internal and external communications that organizations utilize in their management and marketing functions. The program is tailored to meet the needs of people who sell, communicate, and manage in industries that are heavily customer-oriented and are involved in or affected by world markets.
The goal of the program is to increase students’ understanding of communication, management, applicable technology, business, the world economy, and relationships within their corporate culture.
- Combine communications and technology skills training with study of sound business fundamentals.
- Sharpen written, oral, interpersonal, electronic, and visual communication skills for effectiveness in a variety of organizational settings, with both internal and external audiences.
- Expand written communication skills including research and design skills to produce reports, proposals, websites, and other corporate documents.
- Learn to appreciate and use the Internet as a communications medium to achieve business results.
- Provide conceptual understanding of various principles of management and organizational processes.
- Develop problem-solving, conflict management, and decision-making skills.
- Examine factors that explain international movement of persons, goods, services, financial capital, and technology across national boundaries.
- Understand legal and ethical issues in business communication, technological advancement, employer-employee relations, obligations to customers, and international business.