Robert J. Ambrose
- B.S., Hospitality Management
- M.S., Hospitality Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Rowan University of New Jersey
- Slot Management Certificate, Specializing in Casino Management, Atlantic Community College
Areas of Expertise:
- Creating Gaming Floor Applications
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Goal Orientation
- Creating Collaborative Cultures
- Executive Decision Making
- Creative gaming floor applications
- Operational Management
- Drexel University, Goodwin College of Professional Studies (2012-present)
Instructor, Gaming & Hospitality Management; Adjunct Professor, Hospitality Management.
- Burlington County Community College (2012-13)
Adjunct Professor—Hotel Operations, Casino Management, Hospitality, and Hospitality Marketing.
- Rowan University (2011-13)
Adjunct Professor, Graduate Program, Department of Communications, Public Relations, & Advertising.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (2010-13)
Adjunct Professor, Casino Management and Casino History.
- Consultant on Hospitality and Gaming (2004-present)
- Board member, Casino Enterprise Management magazine (2004-present)
- Gomes & Cordish Gaming, LLC—Atlantic City, NJ (2007-10)
Gaming & Hospitality Development Executive
- Tropicana Casino & Resort—Atlantic City, NJ (2000-07)
Executive Director of Slot Service Operations
- Tropicana Casino & Resort—Atlantic City, NJ (1988-200)
Casino Shift Manager/Supervisor, Slot Operations
- Casino Life magazine, Casino Enterprise Management magazine (2004-present)
Writer and contributor
- Server Based Casino Gaming and its impact on the combined casino/hospitality environment.
- Internet Casino Gaming and its future development.
- The Customer Service Experience as it relates to the expanding model of technological applications within the casino/hospitality environment.
- Ambrose, R. (January 2013) Jet Set, the Sky’s the Limit for the Exclusive Club of the Casino Preferred Gambler Casino Life Magazine.
- Ambrose, R. (December 2012) Creating a Unique Guest Experience within an Experience, Aaron Gomes Managing Director of Jupiters Casino, Australia speaks with Bob Ambrose. Casino Life Magazine.
- Ambrose, R (December, 2012) Atlantic City Open for Business. Casino Life Magazine.
- Ambrose. (October,2012) Stop Training & Start Educating You Team. Casino Enterprise Management.
- Ambrose, R. (July/August, 2011) Technology and Customer Service. Casino Life Magazine.
- Ambrose, R. (February, 2011) Are casinos keeping pace with the tastes of the Super Rich? Casino Life Magazine.
- Ambrose, R. (September/October, 2010). Electronic & Live Tables…Room for both on your floor? Casino Life Magazine.
- CEM Audio Edge (Casino Enterprise Management) Friday, Jun 22, 2012. Professor Ambrose discusses succession in the industry and steps that need to be taken to successfully educate future leaders. CEM Audio Edge.
- Ambrose, R. (May 14-16, 2007,) Casino Fest 3. Panel Moderator and Speaker. Server Based Gaming, Employees & Technology Training. Hosted by Casino Enterprise Management. A 3 day educational seminar at Mystic Lake Casino, Prior Lake Minnesota.
- Ambrose, R. (November 14, 2006,) Regional Growth & Gaming Technology, Guest speaker on casino gaming. Hosted by Gerson Lehrman Group, in conjunction with the Global Gaming Expo, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Ambrose, R. (April 7, 2006,) Atlantic City Gaming, Marketing & Technology Round table presentation.
- Hosted by Gerson Lehrman Group, New York City.
- Ambrose, R. (December 8, 2005,) American Gaming & Slot Operations A Luxury for the Masses Seminar, Round table.
- Hosted by Gerson Lehrman Group, Intercontinental Hotel, New York City.
Honors and Involvement:
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Casino Enterprise Management Magazine.
- Wiley Publishing, Manuscript Reviewer, Hospitality, Gaming and Marketing textbooks.
- Panel Judge, Casino Enterprise Management Hospitality Operations Technology (HOT) Awards (2011-13).
- Manuscript Editor, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
- Annual Judge, Rowan University Elevator Pitch Contest.
- Mentor, Rowan University M.A. in Public Relations Mentor Program.