Students in the online M.S. in Sport Management program gathered in Philadelphia for the 2011 Graduate Summer Residency on Aug. 8. The annual four-day seminar was the culmination of an online course, and was designed to foster networking and experiential opportunities students.
Guest speakers addressed students during the residency, including:
- Sal DeAngelis, manager of event operations, Philadelphia Phillies
- JP Lutz, premium sales account manager, Philadelphia Eagles
- Nick Infante, owner, College Athletics Clips
- Vince Nicastro, director of athletics, Villanova University
- Jim Kenyon, Haverford College Recreation
- Steven Crider: Big 5
- Dr. Sherrie Madia, director of communications, The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania, and author of the Social Media Survival Guide for Non-Profits and Charitable Organizations
- Dan Leibovitz, associate head basketball coach, University of Pennsylvania
- Amie Sheridan, Comcast SportsNet
Students also spent an afternoon visiting the Wells Fargo Center and Comcast SportsNet, where they were treated to a behind-the-scenes look at the Comcast SportsNet studios followed by a question-and-answer session with Vice President Cynthia Weiss.
Upon leaving Philadelphia, students took with them new friendships, new business connections and new experiences, all of which enriched their sport management academic experience and enhanced their personal sport network.