If you are a Drexel student, Goodwin College offers you the opportunity to prepare yourself for athletic coaching opportunities. Whether you are currently coaching a sport or are interested in taking on such a position, the Minor in Coaching Leadership curriculum will bring you up-to-date with current trends and techniques and help you develop a philosophical foundation and knowledge base for effectively coaching and managing athletes at various levels.
Upon completion of the minor, students will have developed the ability to:
- Communicate and motivate athletes.
- Enhance the social and emotional growth of athletes.
- Develop sound physical training programs.
- Use sport skills effectively.
- Inform athletes about the principles of good nutrition.
- Reduce injuries by managing roles better.
- Effectively deal with equipment, facilities, scheduling, and team logistics.
- Understand the administrative facets of coaching.