Allen C. Grant, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor and Program Director
- Educational Administration: Collaborative Leadership
- EdD: Philadelphia Programs
- Fellow, Online Learning Council
- Louisiana State University, Ph.D. (2006)
- George Mason University, M.Ed (1998)
- The College of William and Mary, BA (1990)
Areas of Expertise:
- Distance Education
- K-12 Virtual Education
- Educational Leadership
- Urban School Reform
- Early Childhood Education
- Drexel University School of Education, 2010 to current
- Director, M.S. in Educational Administration: Collaborative Leadership
- Director, EdD: Philadelphia Programs
- Assistant Clinical Professor
- Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, 2009-2010
Policy Advisor/Grants Administrator
- Louisiana Department of Education, 2006-2009
Chief Learning Officer, Louisiana Virtual School
- Louisiana State University, 2007-2010
Adjunct Instructor, Educational Technology
- International Baccalaureate Organization, 2005-2006
Primary Years Program Consultant
- Louisiana State University Laboratory School, 2001-2006
Instructor of Education/Kindergarten
- Fairfax County Public Schools, VA, 1999-2001
- OPEN School of Languages, Madrid, Spain, 1990-1992
- ELES Global Network
- K-3 virtual schooling
- virtual school leadership
- Collaborative Technologies
- 21st Century Learning Skills
- Grant, A. (2009). Webinars at the Louisiana Virtual School. Principal Leadership. 9(9), 64-66.
- Grant, A. (2010). Tearing Down the Walls: Creating Global Classrooms through Online Teacher Preparation Programs. Distance Education Magazine: A Journal for Leaders. 7(2).
- Grant, A. and Geller, K. (2012) (Peer-Reviewed). The Use of Social Media to Enhance Communication in Bi-Coastal (Virtual) Group Projects. Sloan-C Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, Milwaukee.
- Grant, A. (2012). Planning the Perfect Webinar. 2012 Online Teaching Conference, San Jose, CA.
- Grant, A., Lee, V, DeCarlo, M., Neuman, D. (2012) Urban Change: Navigating Complex Challenges to Build an Effective University-School Partnership. Urban Systems Conference, Urban Change through Education Health and Environment. Newark, NJ.
- Grant, A. (2012). A Model for the Design and Delivery of Online Principal Certification Programs.Hawaii International Conference on Education, Honolulu, HI
- Grant, A., Loomis, F. and Skipwith. K. (2011). Collaborative Models for Developing Online Courses K-U . e-Learning 2.0 Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Grant, A. (2011).Creating the Virtual Leader. Online Teaching Conference 2011, Costa Mesa , CA.
- Grant, A. (2003). Technology and the Cultural Divide. Paper presented at the Mid-South Educational Research Association (MSERA) conference, Biloxi, MS.
- Grant, A. (2006). Development of Global Awareness in Elementary Students through Participation in Online Cross-Cultural Projects. Louisiana Association of Computer Using Educators' Conference, Baton Rouge, LA.