Holly Carpenter, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor, Sacramento
- Arizona State University, Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, May 2008
- Indiana University, Masters of Science, History and Culture of Education, Certificate, Teaching English as a Second Language
- California State University, Bachelor of Arts, American Studies, Minors in French and German
Areas of Expertise:
- Higher Education Policy
- Higher Education Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Higher Education Organization and Administration
- Online Learning
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Texas A&M University, College Station
- Arizona State University
- California State University
- University of California, Irvine
- Harvard University
My current research focuses on two main areas, statewide articulation policy and practice and online/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Statewide articulation policy and practice: this research focuses on how statewide articulation policy is developed through the coordination of multiple governing and coordinating bodies and how statewide articulation policy is implemented across multiple institutional units, including institutional leadership, academic and student affairs administration, and faculty, advising, admissions, registrar, and information technology offices.
- Online/hybrid teaching and learning: this research focuses on the structure and use of online discussion forums to facilitate active learning through student engagement with the material, their peers and the instructor.