Kathy D. Geller, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor, Sacramento
- M.S., Human Resources Development
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership and Management, Sacramento
- Doctoral, Fielding Graduate University
- M.A., George Washington University
- Advanced Graduate Specialist (30 hours past the Master’s program), University of Maryland, College Park
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park
- Certificate: On-line facilitation, Fielding Graduate University
Areas of Expertise:
- Transformational Leadership
- Transnational Leadership Development
- Adult Learning
- Management Development
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Higher Education—College Student Personnel
- Drexel University Center for Graduate Studies in Sacramento (2010–present)
- Stanford University, Human Resources (2008–2010)
Associate Vice President for Learning and Organizational Effectiveness
Areté Leadership International, Asia, Global Consulting (2004–2008)
Founding Principal (Key clients: United Nations, MicroSoft Asia, UBS Bank, Standard Chartered Bank)
- Columbia University, Teachers’ College Summer Principal’s Academy Master’s Program (2004–2008)
Instructor, Courses Taught: Conflict Management Seminar; Team Building.
- Nova Southeastern University Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (2004–2010)
Adjunct Professor, Courses Taught: Leadership and Change; Leadership Communication.
- Standard Chartered Bank (Asia, Africa, Middle East), (1998–2004)
Learning and Organizational Development, Global Head Management Development and Chief Curriculum Architect
- Ryder System, Human Resources Development (1993–1997)
Director, Organizational Effectiveness
- Right Management Associates, Organizational Consulting (1988–1993)
Director of Consulting for Florida and the Caribbean
- Kislak Mortgage Company, Human Resources Development (1986–1988)
Director, Human Resources and Manager, Management Development
- American Express, Human Resources Development (1983–1986)
Project Manager, Management Development and Change
- University of Miami, Residence Hall Programs (1980–1983)
Assistant Director, Staffing and Staff Development
- University of Maryland, Residence Halls (1975–1980)
Assistant Director, Staffing and Development for Hill Residential Community (3,000 students)
- Transnational leadership
- Adult learning
- Career development
- Geller, K. & Fisher-Yoshida, B. (January 2008) Developing Transnational Leaders: Five Paradoxes for Success, Journal of Industrial and Commercial Training, Emerald Press.
- Geller, K. Schapiro, S. and Fisher-Yoshida B. (June 2007) Diverse Applications of Transformative Learning, Transformative Learning Conference Proceedings, Alberquerque, NM.
- Geller, K. & Fisher—Yoshida, B., (June 2007) The Transnational Leader: 8 practices for developing leaders for multi-national corporations. Transformative Learning Conference proceedings, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Geller, K., (August 2005) Educating Leaders for the 21st Century: A Transformative Learning Process, Interactive Paper Presentation, Academy of Management Conference Proceedings, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Geller, K. Wasserman, I & Fisher-Yoshida, B., (February 2005) Transformative Learning in Human Resource Development: Successes in Scholarly Practitioner Applications, Academy of Human Resource Development Conference Proceedings, Estes Colorado.
- Geller, K, (October 2005) Transformative Learning Theory: Five Dynamics for Developing Leaders, Transformative Learning Conference Proceedings, Lansing, Michigan.
- Geller, K & Fisher-Yoshida, B., (June 2003) First Global Forum, Leadership Development in Multi-national Corporations in the 21st Century, Society for Organization Learning Conference Proceedings, Helsinki.
Books: (authors listed alphabetically)
- Fisher-Yoshida, B & Geller, K. D., (2009) Transnational leadership development: Preparing the next generation for the borderless business world, Innovations in Adult Learning Series: Theory to Practice, American Management Association (AMACOM).
- Fisher-Yoshida, B, Geller, K. D. & Schapiro, S. (Eds.) (2008) Transformative learning: Space, culture and the arts. Counterpoints Series: Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education, Peter Lang Publishers. Note: In November 2009 this book was recognized by transformativelearning.org as one of the six essential books in the field
- Geller, K. D. (2004) Doctoral Dissertation: A New Model of Relational Leadership Development for Multinational Corporations in the 21st Century, Fielding Graduate University, UMI AAT 3158283.
- Lily Conference on Teaching (June, 2012) Applying principles of transformative learning to foster rapid development of an effective community of practice.
- Teaching Professor Conference (June, 2012) Using Instructional Technology for Bi-Coastal Communication.
- 23rd International Conference on College Teaching & Learning (April 2012) The Use of Social Media to Enhance Communication in Graduate Program Virtual Group Projects.
- 9th Annual SLOAN-Consortium Blended Learning Conference (April, 2012) Bi-Coastal Group Projects: Integration of Social Media.
- CUPA—Human Resources Conference—West Region (March 2011); Developing the next generation of leadership talent at Stanford University: A systems perspective.
- Fielding Graduate University, (January, 2011); Who Am I After I’m Dr. Me: A social identity and career development perspective. Half day workshop
- AHRD Asia (November, 2010); Transformative Education and Learning: A framework for developing transnational leaders. Pre-conference half-day workshop.
- Fielding Graduate University, (January, 2010); Knowing Yourself and Honoring the Other - the basis for working effectively across transnational difference.
- Transformative Learning Conference, (2007) Appreciating Self & Other through Mask Making. Experiential Session, NM.
- Academy of Management, (2007), Praxis, Inquiry & the Performative Arts: A crucible for Transformative Education and Learning, Chair/Presenter, Professional Development Workshop MED, AOM Conference, Philadelphia, Aug. 2007.
- Academy of Management, (2005) Flexible, Fluid and Responsive Management: A Model for Working Across Cultural Differences in the 21st Century, Professional Development Workshop, AOM 2005 Conference, Hawaii, August.
- Fisher-Yoshida, B & Geller, K. D. , (March 2009) PODCAST: Transnational Leadership Development: Preparing the Next Generation for the Borderless Business World http://podcast.amanet.org/edgewise/, AMANET.